I Am A Slacker

I have been slacking badly on my writing. I have been busy between my new job, moving, personal life, friends visiting, attending a camp with our extended family, and restarting my job search (I know... I know...). I miss writing some. Sometimes I write on topics that I need to just get off my chest. Those are more like letters to the person that they never see.

I also started a journal. I watched a sermon by Lisa Comes of Joel Osteen's ministries. The sermon was titled Developing A Strategic Vision For Your Life. She spoke about writing down your visions and making them plan. I have done this in several ways before. I have a sheet in my room that I write my large goals on. I also completed a Vision Board late last year in addition to filling out a workbook of things I want to achieve and work on this year.

I felt what Lisa was talking about was different. It was not only my goals and desires, but things that backed them up. Like positive quotes and scriptures. I decided to buy a journal that I would put my desires and goals in. I would include my 2013 words of the year. As well as scriptures and quotes that support me and these goals.

I am loving this positive only space. I find myself wanting to be negative or "woe is me" at times and realize I can't be that there. The more positive thinking I do, the more comes my way. And the more I see the negative in things and people... especially people. If you take a negative swing to a lot of stuff, my desire to around you has decreased.

I have always had the tendency to be the positive thinker and word giver to friends. I think that being a friend means building someone up, no matter what space they are in. I try my best to do that, even when it takes a lot of work to help someone see changes that need to be made or the bad things they have in their life. Some people need it plain though! LOL The world tries to knock us down enough, why should our inner circle do it to?

Anyway, I've went on a tangent. I just wanted to speak on why I was missing. I will make more effort to write here. Share some of the words that have been supporting me and the positive vibe!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Today was a good day.

Why Do We Love Love?

Changes