Valentine's Day

It's Valentine's Day! Day for love! And I love love.

I will admit I was not looking forward to today. I think the more I focus on preparing my life for my mate the more I anticipate him. The closer today became I got excited because I always give my daughter a gift. She loved it, fyi.

The more I thought about love and being in love and all that. I realized that I have been blessed to experience so many types of love. Including romantic of many types as well as mother to daughter, daughter to mother, friendship, family, and friends who are like family. I know that I am blessed to have their love now and the many types of love that has gone.

I thought about all the different romantic relationships I have been in and thought about the things I have learned from those situations. What I learned that I would like to continue to experience in my future relationship and what I learned I do not want to. I realize that even though I am single, I haev so much more knowledge as a result of my past.

In addtion to all that I look at the positive and prosperious relationships some of my friends in and look forward to those days. I look at those I know in draining, dark, and unhappy relationships and I am thankful for not being in that space anymore. Not only for not being in them, but knowing better. For having learned that my personal happiness MUST be protected and valued. My happiness is valued and important and should not be jeapordized. Keeping that at the top of my list and focus is important. Not only for romantic relationships but for ALL relationships. I pray daily for positive, reciprocal, and helpful relationships in my life.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Today was a good day.

Why Do We Love Love?

Changes