Spring Cleaning

I recently used some free time to clean out my email inbox. 6 years of communications that I felt were important enough to keep or overlook...
I noticed a few things while reading old chats, emails, and pictures.... 
1) Some of my friendships have changed over the years. That makes me sad in a way but happy in others. I am happy to have a close group of female friends for years.
2) Seeing emails and conversations with exes was interesting. I totally know they were life lessons but really wonder how much have I learned from them.
 I was in an unhealthy relationship situation for 2 years. Looking over the communications and BBM conversations... I see now he didn't "get me" and probably was verbally abusive. For a while I felt bad about how I mentally checked out of that relationship and gave up on it. Now I see it was an accumulation of all the crap.
3) Finally, I notice how much I missed my daughter when she was in Boston and how much she missed me. But also how her father changed during that time. I miss him. And it still hurts to think of the evolution that caused him to make that final decision.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Show Me

The Little Things

Today was a good day.